How It Works
Schedule An Intro Session
To use boarding and daycare services, your dog will need to complete an on-site compatibility session to ensure the health and safety of all dogs during group play.
Book Services in the App
After completing your compatibility session, you'll be able to book services in the Skipper app. You can also update your pet's profile, purchase bundles, and more!
Receive Real-Time Updates
You'll receive a full report on your Skipper app that includes photos, activity details, and notes on the play sessions. Daycare and boarding dogs will receive twice daily reports.
Come Home To A Happy Dog!
The health and happiness of your dog is our top priority! After a day of daycare or an overnight stay with us, your pup will thank you for giving us a chance to love them almost as much as you do!
Skipper On-Site Services
Dog Daycare at Village at Commonwealth - Starting May 5th!
1421 Iris Drive, Charlotte, NC 28205
Skipper's on-site dog daycare will be exclusively available to Village at Commonwealth residents in May 2020. Each dog attends a compatability session to ensure group play is a good fit for your pup. Playgroups are assigned by personality and size and are supervised at all times by Skipper's professionally-trained staff. Clients will get full activity reports in the Skipper app that include photos and updates from our Pet Care Associates! Daycare hours will be from 7:30 am - 6:00 pm daily.
Service PricingDaycare services will be FREE from May 5th to May 15th!
Up to date on required vaccines (Rabies, Distemper, Parvovirus, Bordatella)
At least 16 weeks in age
Spayed or neutered if over 6 months in age
As an essential business, we’re here to support residents who need pet care for their pups! Here are the safety measures we’ve put into place:
- We're using face masks for any necessary interaction with residents
- We're using gloves when handling resident items(leash, harness etc.) and common spaces and surfaces (door handles, countertops etc.)
- We're increasing sanitization protocol for the entire pet care area and after resident and team use
- We're maintaining proper social distancing of 6 feet during the workday
- We're enforcing no direct human-to-human contact for residents dropping off and picking up their dog from the facility
- Residents will come inside the lobby area and will leave their dog in the secured entry area after they verbally interact with our staff member behind the vestibule. After the resident leaves, the Skipper team member will retrieve the dog from the secured area.
- We are only offering apartment pick-up and drop-off for essential workers not at home during our scheduled times. Any team members that must enter units will do so wearing a mask and gloves.